Do you provide STEM programming for students, educators, or families in the nine county Bay Area region? If yes, you are invited to add your STEM program to our inventory or manage your listing in our inventory. Funders, other program providers, as well as the audiences you serve are looking to discover what you offer. Include your program and organization information in the STEM Resource Inventory to gain exposure for your program, search for programs in the area who are doing similar work and make connections for collaboration, and more. The greater the participation, the richer the resource is for all participating. We hope you will join us.
Submitting your program information is easy. If you are not currently in our database, simply click “Submit a Program” from the menu. We will review your submission and if there is sufficient information and your program meets our criteria, we’ll post it. If we have questions, we’ll reach out.
If your organization and one of your programs is already in our database and you would like to add, update, or remove information we have in our database, use the “Claim Program” feature and we will work to get you access.
We post programs that meet the following criteria
- The program is STEM-focused or STEM-based or includes a significant proportion of STEM content as a part of the program. We use a broad and inclusive definition of STEM and accept programs addressing
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- STEAM: Science Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics
- CSTEM: Computer Science, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Maker/Makerspace: place in which people with shared interests, especially in computing or technology, can gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge
- Artificial Intelligence: theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages
- Robotics: branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots
- Each of the subjects that make up the acronym STEAM
- Computer Science
- The program serves educators (classroom teachers, professors, informal science educators, out-of-school time program staff, early childhood educators, etc.), students (Pre-K-12, community college, 4-year college, and preservice educators), or families.
- The program serves the above listed populations in the nine-county Bay Area region, including
- Alameda County
- Contra Costa County
- Marin County
- Napa County
- San Francisco
- San Mateo County
- Santa Clara County
- Solano County
- Sonoma County
If you have questions, comments, or concerns regarding the STEM Inventory Resource, please contact us at STEMInventory@childrennow.org.