Membership Coordinator and Database Administrator
Children Now is a nonpartisan umbrella research, policy development, and advocacy organization dedicated to promoting children’s health, education and well‐being in California. Children Now also leads The Children’s Movement of California, a grassroots network of more than 3,000 business, education, parent, civil rights, faith, and community‐based organizations, as well as thousands of individuals, working together to make children a top priority in public policy. Learn more at https://www.childrennow.org/.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, self-starting and detail-oriented Children’s Movement Membership Coordinator and Database Administrator to support the core activities of The Children’s Movement (TCM) and to customize, refine, and maintain our Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Key responsibilities include recruiting groups statewide to join TCM and inputting new members’ information in the CRM system, using member data in the CRM system to develop engagement plans for current members to support educational campaigns and legislative and state budget advocacy efforts, conducting member outreach to engage members in those efforts, building reports, dashboards, and workflows within Salesforce to aid in the organization’s outreach to members, as well as a range of data management and other administrative responsibilities. This full-time, nonexempt position will report to the Vice President, Development and Communications, and be located in our Oakland office.
Ideal applicants will have advanced skills in Salesforce, be able to handle a high volume of work quickly and efficiently, with excellent recall and superior attention to detail. Candidates should have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and excellent judgment and work ethic. The candidate must be flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented. This position is ideal for someone who has the ability to see the “big picture” while managing multiple small projects, takes initiative and enjoys learning and contributing in a fast-paced environment, as well as a deep commitment to racial equity and Children Now’s mission.
- Maintains the overall Salesforce CRM system, including data uploads;
- Develops outreach lists and assists in the recruitment of new organizational members to The Children’s Movement;
- Develops engagement plans and conducts outreach to local groups in support of Children Now’s educational campaigns and legislative and budget advocacy efforts to advance state policy for kids;
- Manages dashboards, reports, forms, templates, page layouts, and workflows;
- Collects data from TCM outreach team and uploads data to Salesforce on their behalf, as needed;
- Creates customized reports and dashboards for both TCM and development teams;
- Works closely with communications team on email campaigns and list management in Pardot;
- Accurately performs data entry, conducts on-line research, and prepares documents for meetings;
- Supports email and phone-based engagement efforts for specific campaigns, as needed, including educational campaigns and fast-paced, quick-turn-around campaigns related to specific policy opportunities;
- Provides additional administrative, development, communications, and policy assistance; and
- Flexibly takes on other projects and assist with office administrative activities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Two years of professional data management, administrative or other relevant experience;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office with strong word processing, Outlook, Excel, database, and internet research skills;
- 1+ years as a Salesforce Administrator; Salesforce Certified Administrator or Developer a plus;
- Experience coordinating large-scale outreach campaigns using data from CRM systems;
- Experience with Form Assembly and/or Apsona a plus;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skill, with strong proof-reading skills;
- Highly flexible with a willingness to take on a range of assignments and to support the work of other teams;
- Detail-oriented with highly organized processes; and
- Ability to reliably juggle multiple, shifting priorities and deadlines using sound
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Applications must include a 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) two to three page writing sample, and 4) three to five references. Please submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with attachments in PDF or Microsoft Word format only. Please include your name in the file name for all documents (e.g. g.smith – resume). We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position. Position is open until filled.
Children Now is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity, equity and inclusion. Children Now values diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing our work and views diversity as including differences in race, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran status, job skills, education, and geographic location and any other category protected by law. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.