1. California ranks among the top states in per capita expenditures on a number of government programs, but below the national average on expenditures for children’s programs, including education and Medi-Cal. What are your thoughts on this prioritization of expenditures and what, if any, changes would you make in this regard?
BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF THE STATE AND IT'S POPULATION, IT SEEMS AS IF CA IS ALLOCATING SIGNIFICANT DOLLARS TO HELP CHILDREN, BUT CA HAS IT'S PRIORITIES SCREWED UP (AS USUAL). INSTEAD OF ALLOCATING TAX PAYER DOLLARS TO HELP CHILDREN, SENIORS, AND THOSE CONTINUALLY FALLING BEHIND, THE STATE SQUANDERS TAX DOLLARS ON "PET PROJECTS" LIKE THE BULLET-TRAIN-TO-NOWHERE....WHICH BLEEDS $31 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY.....IMAGINE WHAT YOU AND YOUR ORGANIZATION COULD DO WITH EVEN A FRACTION OF THAT MONEY. TELL YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS - BETTER YET ELECT AN UNBIASED & HONEST ONE LIKE ME - THAT YOU TOO, BELIEVE THE STATE HAS THEIR PRIORITIES MESSED UP & THAT WE, AS TAXPAYERS AND CITIZENS OF CA DESERVE BETTER.
2. When children who have been neglected or abused enter foster care, the state becomes their legal parent, and bears responsibility for their care and supervision and to ensure they have the opportunity to heal and thrive. What is your position on the need for strengthening the child welfare system?
I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THE GOVT IS NOT THE ANSWER. THEY HAVE PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN TO BE IRRESPONSIBLE, INEFFECTIVE, INHUMANE & OFTEN TIMES CORRUPT. I'VE SEEN THIS FIRST HAND. MY MENTALLY HANDICAPPED TWIN BROTHER HAS BEEN THROUGH GOVT GROUP HOMES AND PROGRAMS, WHICH HAVE NEVER BEEN RUN AS WELL AS PRIVATE AND/OR NON-PROFIT PROGRAMS. WE (YOU & I) NEED TO SEEK OUT MORE CORPORATE AND HIGH NET WORTH PRIVATE DONORS WHO CAN BETTER SERVICE THE NEEDS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION AND THE FUTURE YOUNG LEADERS YOU SUPPORT. I'M SURE YOU'VE ALREADY COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT RELYING ON THE GOVT IS AT BEST, A CRAP SHOOT WITH UNDERWHELMING SUPPORT AND RESULTS.
3. California has a significant shortage of highly-trained and well-supported caregivers to open their homes to children who have been abused and neglected and enter foster care. What strategies would you support, if any, to increase the number of safe and loving families for children in foster care?
I LOVE THIS QUESTION! THIS IS WHERE THE TRUE MAGIC CAN HAPPEN, IF GOVT IS TO PLAY A POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE ROLE IN ENHANCING RESULTS AND TRANSFORMING LIVES. THERE ARE SO MANY LOVING, RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE EAGER TO HELP (SOME WHO MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE KIDS, SOME WHO HAVE HAD KIDS ALREADY LEAVE THE HOUSE & OTHERS WHO ARE SIMPLY COMPASSIONATE AND EAGER TO HELP. THE GOVT COULD OFFER SOME ASSISTANCE TO THESE PEOPLE (IF NECESSARY) THAT WOULD DEFER THE COSTS OF GOVT RUN PROGRAMS. THERE CAN/SHOULD ALSO BE GOVT GRANTS & PUBLIC/PRIVATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET TRAINED IN SOCIAL WORK AND/OR SPECIALIZED CHILD CARE PROGRAMS. (AND IN MY OPINION, SENIOR PROGRAMS AS WELL). THIS WILL FURTHER ENSURE THE QUALITY OF CARE & MAXIMIZE RESULTS. WE NEED TO GET THESE KIDS OUT OF "THE SYSTEM" WHICH, AS WE BOTH KNOW, IS TOXIC, AND OFTEN SERVES AS A "SCARLET LETTER" AS THESE KIDS TRY TO BETTER THEMSELVES.
4. California committed state dollars for the first time this year to evidenced-based home visiting programs, yet they will still reach only 2% of families with young children. What are your thoughts on increasing access to evidence-based home visiting? What other strategies, if any, do you support to aid new and expectant parents and young children during this critical phase of life?
CA SHOULD USE THIS AS A "PILOT PROGRAM" AND QUANTIFY AND DOCUMENT THE RESULTS IN ORDER TO ASK FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDING AND / OR RESOURCES. THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY ACROSS THE BOARD, NOT JUST THROWING MONEY AT THE PROBLEM, HOPING THAT WILL SOLVE THE ISSUES. I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST USING ONLINE TECHNOLOGY (AT THE SAME TIME) WHICH CAN REACH MANY MORE PEOPLE. VIDEOS, INSTRUCTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, SUBJECT-MATTER-EXPERTS, WHERE TO FIND ADDITIONAL RESOURCES, ETC......THIS WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT WAY TO RAMP UP SUCCESS AND SHARE BEST PRACTICES, ALONG WITH HAVING A CHAT BOARD FOR PARTICIPANTS AND PROSPECTIVE PARTICIPANTS.
5. Sixty-two percent of the state’s children are born into low-income households, yet only 14% of income-eligible infants and toddlers are enrolled in a publicly-supported child care program. What is your position on this issue, and what, if anything, should be done to ensure that all families have access to high-quality child care?
AGAIN, I DON'T FEEL THE GOVT SHOULD BE TAKING ON SOLE FINANCIAL AND LOGISTICAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CHILD CARE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE EMPLOYERS HELP WITH THIS (NOT THROUGH MANDATES, HOWEVER, BUT PERHAPS THROUGH GRANTS, TAX INCENTIVES, AND OTHER MEANS). WITH TAX BURDENS AND HOUSING AFFORDABILITY EXORBITANT HERE IN CA, WE NEED TO FIND MORE ECONOMICAL SOLUTIONS FOR INFANT AND CHILD CARE IN THIS STATE. THIS "PROBLEM" IS GOING TO INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE YEARS TO COME. WITH NO PARENTING, OUR KIDS BECOME MORE AND MORE "AT RISK". IN ADDITION TO PLACES OF WORSHIP, NON-PROFITS, AND PRIVATE DAY CARE FACILITIES, WE NEED TO LOOK AT MORE LOCAL COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMS, SO OUR KIDS ARE SAFE, HEALTHY AND IN A POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT FOSTERS GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT AND HAPPINESS.
6. The average salary of a California public employee is over $81,000. The average salary of a California preschool educator is just over $34,000, and that of a child care provider is just over $26,000. What are your ideas, if any, about responding to this disparity?
THANK YOU FOR CALLING THIS OUT! THIS IS A TRAVESTY! AGAIN, OUR GOVT IS NOW WAY TOO BIG, AND GETTING EVEN BIGGER. MANDATORY UNION MEMBERSHIP, PAID WITH PROCEEDS FROM TAXPAYERS WHO PAY GOVT EMPLOYEE SALARIES & BENEFITS ARE AMPLIFYING THE PROBLEM. THE HIGH PAID GOVT EMPLOYEES PAY THE UNIONS, WHO DONATE TO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, WHO IN TURN, DO WHAT THEY CAN TO SUPPORT THE CONTINUED BLOATING OF GOVT PAYROLLS THAT ARE LITERALLY BANKRUPTING THE STATE. (JUST ASK THE GUY I'M RUNNING AGAINST, BOTH HIS PARENTS ARE GOVT EMPLOYEES, AS IS HE. PLUS HE HAS OVER $1M IN UNION / LABOR MONEY GREASING HIS WHEELS SO HE CAN KEEP THIS ON-THE-WAY-TO-FINANCIAL RUIN BUS ON THE HIGHWAY TO NOWHERE.) I WILL BRING A FRESH UNBIASED PERSPECTIVE TO SACRAMENTO.
MY MOM WAS AN EDUCATOR. MY SIBLINGS AND I CAME THROUGH THE PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM. WE DON'T NEED BLOATED GOVT PAYROLLS. WE NEED TO SUPPORT THE FOLKS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION & OTHERS LIKE YOU, WHO ARE "COMPETING" FOR TALENT. IT'S GOING TO BE MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO RETAIN QUALITY EMPLOYEES / TEACHERS, WHEN THEY CAN FATTEN THEIR WALLETS WITH A GOVT PAYCHECK, BENEFITS & PENSION (ASSUMING WE DON'T GO BANKRUPT).
WE NEED TO STOP THIS BEFORE IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN. (BUT DEMOCRATS KICK THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD WITH TAX INCREASES TO KEEP THIS FINANCIAL ABUSE GOING! THIS IS NOT A SUSTAINABLE MODEL!)
IF WE DON'T SHIFT OUR PRIORITIES SOON, IT SPELLS DISASTER. WE NEED TO "INVEST" IN OUR KIDS, IN EDUCATION & HEALTHCARE. STOP PUTTING PROFITS AND PARTY POLITICS BEFORE PEOPLE! I AM YOUR SOLUTION! THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM NEEDS TO CHANGE. ARE VOTERS FINALLY BRAVE ENOUGH TO TRY SOMETHING NEW OR WILL THEY CONTINUE WITH THEIR PRE-PROGRAMMING & VOTE D OR R?
7. Students of color are more likely to be suspended and expelled, which contributes to significant achievement gaps and ultimately the pipeline from school to prison. What are your thoughts on how the Legislature should respond to this issue?
THERE SHOULD BE NO MANDATES, NO ENTITLEMENTS AND NO SPECIAL TREATMENT. GOVT SHOULD SET A GOOD EXAMPLE BY TREATING ALL OF US EQUALLY. THERE ARE WHITES, ASIANS, AND LATINOS WHO COULD ALSO BENEFIT FROM THESE PROGRAMS. YES, STATISTICALLY, YOU COULD BE CORRECT, BUT MY RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE FOR ALL CALIFORNIAN'S (REGARDLESS OR RACE) TO STEP UP AND HELP, BUT RELYING ON THE GOVT HAS PROVEN TO BE A MISTAKE. THE BEST WAY TO MAKE CHANGE & IMPLEMENT IT, IS AT THE LOCAL LEVEL....ON THE GROUND FLOOR. THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE WITH PARENT GROUPS, NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCILS, SCHOOL BOARDS, & COMMUNITY NON-PROFIT GROUPS.
8. Educational research highlights the strong correlation between student success and teacher quality. What changes to state policy would you support, if any, to help ensure that every public school teacher is effective?
STOP THE TEACHER UNION STRANGLEHOLD ON ACCOUNTABILITY, CHILD SAFETY, FINANCIAL MIS-MANAGEMENT, & GOVT MANDATES. WATCH THE MOVIE "WAITING FOR SUPERMAN" AND I THINK WE WOULD BOTH AGREE, WE NEED TO PUT STUDENTS FIRST, NOT BLOATED SCHOOL BOARD & UNION SALARIES. I KNOW THE VALUE OF A GOOD TEACHER, AS WELL AS THE DEVASTATION THAT JUST ONE BAD TEACHER CAN HAVE. YOUNG ADULTS AND KIDS SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ENDURE A TEACHER WHO IS MALICIOUS, UNINSPIRED AND OUT FOR THEIR OWN INTERESTS. TEACHING IS ABOUT BEING A GO-GIVER NOT A GO-GETTER.
TEACHERS ARE NOW HAVING TO BECOME SURROGATE PARENTS, SEX COUNSELORS, ETC. NOW AND THAT'S NOT FAIR. THEY NEED TO BE COMPENSATED A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THEY ARE & THE STATE AND FEDERAL GOVT NEED TO SHIFT THEIR PRIORITIES. OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE GERMANY, JAPAN, AND RUSSIA VALUE AND INVEST IN EDUCATION SIGNIFICANTLY, WHILE WE AS AMERICANS ALLOCATE MONEY AND RESOURCES TO MILITARY, GOVT BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD & ABUSE. IT'S TIME WE GET MORE REPRESENTATIVE GOVT PEOPLE (LIKE ME!) WHO ARE NOT BEHOLDEN TO SPECIAL INTERESTS, UNIONS, & CAN PUT OTHERS BEFORE THEMSELVES. THAT IS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF A "PUBLIC SERVANT".
9. California nationally ranks 50th in class size, 50th in school librarians, 49th in school counselors and 47th in school administrators. What are your thoughts on these rankings, based on staff to student ratios, and what, if anything, should be done in response?
ABYSMAL, YOU'RE RIGHT. I WISH I COULD GIVE YOU A HUG AND HIGH 5 RIGHT NOW. THESE ISSUES MEAN SO MUCH TO ME! HOW CAN THE WORLD'S 5TH (OR IS IT 4TH) LARGEST ECONOMY WITH ALL THE RESOURCES AND RICH HOLLYWOOD BLABBERMOUTHS NOT PUT MORE MONEY AND RESOURCES INTO EDUCATION? THERE IS NO EXCUSE! AGAIN, THIS SHOWS HOW OUT OF TOUCH AND HOW MISMANAGED THIS STATE IS. DEMOCRATIC LEADERS WHO HAVE A SUPER MAJORITY IN THIS STATE WILL CONTINUE TO RAISE TAXES ON ALL OF US (WHICH HURTS THOSE AT THE BOTTOM WHO DESPERATELY NEED - AND NEVER GET - THE RESOURCES THEY ARE PROMISED). KICKING THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD UNTIL THE MUSICAL CHAIRS GAME OF FINANCIAL MISMANAGEMENT, CORRUPTION AND DECEIT FINALLY END.
WE NEED TO GET BIG MONEY, UNIONS & SPECIAL INTERESTS OUT OF POLITICS AND HAVE MORE THAN 2 CHOICES WHEN WE VOTE. HOW CAN THE WORLD'S GREATEST COUNTRY WHO PONTIFICATES "FREEDOM" NOT HAVE MORE THAN 2 POLITICAL PARTIES WHO CONTROL A SYSTEM SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL. THIS IS WHY SOCIALISM IS POPPING UP AND MORE AND MORE AMERICANS ARE FURIOUS WITH OUR UNTRUSTWORTHY POLITICIANS AT ALL LEVELS OF GOVT. IF YOUR BUSINESS HAD A 10% APPROVAL RATING, YOU'D BE SHUT DOWN, BUT OUR 10% APPROVAL RATING FOR OUR POLITICIANS ONLY MEANS MORE BENEFITS FOR THEM, MORE CORRUPTION & NO ONE BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE. NO TRUST. NO CHOICE. NO FREEDOM. NO RESULTS. ISN'T IT TIME WE TRIED SOMETHING NEW? I AM HOPEFUL THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME CAN BE A POSITIVE, PRODUCTIVE AND HONEST CATALYST FOR SYSTEMATIC CHANGE IN CA, AND IN THE COUNTRY. WILL VOTERS AND GROUPS LIKE YOURS ALLOW US THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THINGS RIGHT?
10. California has the highest percentage of kids who are dual language learners, ages 0-5, (60%) and school-age English learners (21%) in the country. How will you support these students’ bilingual/multilingual potential? What are your thoughts on how educators in early education and TK-12 can be prepared to assist these students to meet their language development needs?
WHAT A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY WE HAVE TO GROOM FUTURE CIVIC, PHILANTHROPIC AND BUSINESS LEADERS, ARTISTS, ENTERTAINERS & SOCIAL WORKERS --- WHO ARE BI-LINGUAL! THIS IS A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE THAT CA IS CURRENTLY SQUANDERING, BUT I SEE AS A FABULOUS SITUATION. I HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL MBA IN GLOBAL MANAGEMENT, AND KNOW FIRST HAND THE VALUE OF KNOWING DIFFERENT LANGUAGES, LEARNING FROM OTHERS, AND FINDING COLLABORATIVE SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS (NOT OUR CURRENT "WINNER TAKE ALL" 2 PARTY SYSTEM, ENDEMIC OF CORRUPTION).
ENCOURAGING AND INCENTIVISING MORE CHARTER SCHOOLS, PUBLIC/PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS, CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS IN & OUT OF THE CLASSROOM, MENTORSHIP PROGRAMS, SCHOLARSHIPS, AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES WILL MAKE US THE ENVY OF THE WORLD....AND AS THE 5TH LARGEST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD....WE SHOULD BE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS. AGAIN, LET'S SHIFT OUR PRIORITIES AND INVEST IN EDUCATORS, STUDENTS AND OUR FUTURE.
11. In the last decade, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) jobs in California grew by 19% and currently represent 7 of the 10 fastest growing occupations. Yet many high schools don’t offer the STEM courses needed for college or STEM careers, such as calculus, physics and chemistry. What are your thoughts on the need to support and increase access to high-quality STEM instruction in our schools?
WE NEED TO ALLOW LOCAL COMMUNITIES TO COME UP WITH THEIR OWN CURRICULUM. SACRAMENTO AND D.C. HAVE DONE A PATHETIC JOB TRYING TO "HARMONIZE" AND TREAT ALL KIDS AND ALL SCHOOLS THE SAME. THAT'S NOT WHAT AMERICA AND CALIFORNIA ARE ALL ABOUT. WE ARE UNIQUE - EACH ONE OF US- AND WE NEED TO START UPDATING OUR CLASSROOM - AND ONLINE - EDUCATION PLATFORMS, THROUGH THINGS LIKE GAMIFICATION TO MAKE EDUCATION MORE FUN, ENGAGING AND IMPACTFUL ON OUR FUTURE LEADERS.
STEM IS ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT, BUT SO ARE ARTS, MUSIC & WRITING. TOO OFTEN, THESE PROGRAMS ARE THE FIRST TO BE CUT. WE NEED A BALANCED APPROACH TO EDUCATION, BUT IN MY OPINION, IF A CHILD IS GREAT AT SOMETHING, THEN LET'S PUT TOGETHER A CUSTOMIZED CURRICULUM AROUND HIS/HER NEEDS AND NOT WHAT OUT-OF-TOUCH GOVT OFFICIALS, SCHOOL BOARDS, OR TEACHER'S UNIONS SAY WE CAN & SHOULD TEACH.
12. Over the past 40 years, total state spending on higher education has declined by 6%, dropping from 18% to 12% of the state budget. There are an increasing number of students graduating from high school and eligible for college enrollment. What is your position on funding for public higher education?
THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPTIONS. IF WE ALLOWED SCHOOL CHOICE FOR ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL, LIKE WE DID FOR KIDS GOING TO COLLEGE, THERE WOULD BE MUCH GREATER ACCOUNTABILITY, SUCCESS AND RESULTS. PARENTS KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THEIR KIDS. NOT GOVT OFFICIALS OR UNIONS. FUNDING INCREASES FOR EDUCATION SHOULD BE OFFSET BY SPENDING CUTS ELSEWHERE (HINT: REMEMBER THE "TRAIN TO NOWHERE" BUDGET?.....THINK OF ALL THAT MONEY THAT COULD BE SPENT ON EDUCATION INSTEAD OF FRAUD!...AND WHAT A MEANINGFUL, SUSTAINABLE IMPACT THAT WILL HAVE ON STUDENTS IN ALL GRADES OF ALL RACES!)
13. Over 55% of California’s kids are enrolled in Medi-Cal, but California performs near the bottom amongst all state Medicaid programs when it comes to children’s access to primary care physicians and periodic childhood screenings, especially for children of color. What are your thoughts on this issue?
INSURANCE COMPANIES AND LOBBYISTS NEED TO GET OUT OF THE WAY & HELP OUR KIDS, SENIORS & THOSE WHO CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES. BLOATED GOVT PROGRAMS DON'T WORK. NEVER HAVE. NEVER WILL....BECAUSE IT'S A "MANDATE"....THAT'S NOT AMERICAN. NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO DO SOMETHING. WE NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS A COMMUNITY, AS PARENTS, AS BUSINESS & CIVIC LEADERS TO FIND SOLUTIONS (AND FINANCING & RESOURCES IF NECESSARY). RELYING ON THE GOVT HAS PROVEN TO BE A MISTAKE....IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE AS OUR POPULATION GROWS & SO DOES THE GOVT PAYROLLS. A PRIORITY SHIFT NEEDS TO HAPPEN & THE DEMOCRATS & REPUBLICANS WOULD RATHER WE LIVE IN FEAR THAN WORK TOGETHER TO FIND SYSTEMATIC SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS THAT BENEFIT THOSE WHO NEED HELP THEM MOST.
14. Less than 5% of children eligible for specialty mental health services under the early & periodic screening diagnosis & treatment (EPSDT) Medi-Cal benefit actually receive any service. What is your position on this issue and what, if anything, should be done to ensure that more eligible children receive mental health care?
WOW! NICE. YES, MENTAL HEALTH IS SOMETHING WE AS A SOCIETY ARE FINALLY REALIZING IS A SERIOUS AND "REAL" ISSUE. NOW THE INSURANCE COMPANIES (BIGGEST LOBBYISTS AGAINST COVERING MENTAL HEALTH, GO FIGURE!) MENTAL HEALTH NEEDS TO BECOME A BIGGER PRIORITY! PERIOD. ANNUAL MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGS SHOULD BE INCLUDED AS PART OF OUR "ANNUAL CHECK UPS" AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE, SO WE CAN FIND ISSUES BEFORE THEY GET OUT OF CONTROL. INSURANCE CARRIERS, POLITICIANS, AND BUSINESS LEADERS HAVE ALL FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE WORKS & ALSO MITIGATES FUTURE COSTS AND LIABILITIES. MENTAL HEALTH SHOULD BE INCLUDED!
15. Despite the fact that the top reason children miss school in California is due to preventable oral health problems, millions of children in the state lack access to dental services. What is your position on this issue and what, if anything, should be done to address access for children, including 0-5 year olds, to oral health services?
I DON'T HAVE ANY STATISTICS REGARDING THIS, BUT THIS GOES BACK TO THE PREVIOUS QUESTION OF MENTAL HEALTH. THERE NEEDS TO BE COMPREHENSIVE REFORM SO THAT ALL CALIFORNIANS HAVE DENTAL, MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH COVERAGE. THIS CAN - AND SHOULD BE DONE. CERTAINLY NOT AN OVERNIGHT SOLUTION, BUT WITH PUBLIC/PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS, SPONSORSHIPS, NON-PROFIT ASSISTANCE, MORE CHILDREN CAN AND SHOULD HAVE REGULAR ORAL HYGIENE EXAMS, TEETH CLEANINGS & EDUCATION ON DENTAL HEALTH. USING ONLINE TECHNOLOGY (IPADS, CELL PHONES, ETC) WILL ATTRACT YOUNGER PEOPLE TO THESE PROGRAMS IF DONE CORRECTLY. PLUS ONLINE PLATFORMS OF EDUCATION ARE COST EFFECTIVE. IN OFFICE CHECK UPS ARE ANOTHER STORY & NEED TO BE RESEARCHED IN MORE DETAIL, IDEALLY AT THE LOCAL LEVELS.