The Children’s Movement Volunteer
Children Now is a nonpartisan umbrella research, policy development, and advocacy organization dedicated to promoting children's health, education and well-being in California. Children Now also leads The Children’s Movement of California, a grassroots network of more than 1,700 business, education, parent, civil rights, faith, and community-based organizations, as well as thousands of individuals, working together to make children a top priority in public policy. Learn more at www.childrennow.org.
Children Now is seeking a Children’s Movement Volunteer in our Sacramento or Oakland office to help with recruiting groups statewide for The Children’s Movement and with outreach to groups to support legislative and state budget advocacy efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in learning more about outreach, recruitment, communications, and advocacy campaigns.
The volunteer will report to the VP of Development and Communications. They will work approximately 8 hours per week on a variety of tasks. Possible projects include:
- Recruiting groups across the state to join The Children’s Movement
- Providing research and support on school reform efforts with local school districts and parent/community groups
- Doing outreach to local groups in support of Children Now’s efforts to advance state policy on early childhood and mental health
- Recruiting groups to join legislative and budget advocacy efforts.
- Updating TCM member records using Salesforce
The volunteer will work closely with the Children’s Movement team, but will manage his/her projects independently, exercising good judgment, organizational expertise, problem-solving skills, and time management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Interest in children’s advocacy and policy change
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytic, organization and project management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Preferably a college or graduate student in Public Health, Education, Public Policy/Administration, or related field.
Please electronically submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the file name for all documents (e.g. g.smith – resume).
< Back to all Jobs