Access for Infants
Eligibility & Application Information
Provides subsidized health insurance for care to pregnant women without health insurance throughout their pregnancy and 60 days after the child is born. After the baby is born, infants are eligible for Healthy Families for up to two years.
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant women (less than 30 weeks pregnant) and their newborns up to age two.
- Not currently receiving coverage through No-Cost Medi-Cal or Medicare.
- Total family income between 200% and 300% FPL*.
- No private insurance unless it does not cover maternity or has a pregnancy-only deductible of more than $500.
What are the benefits?
- Comprehensive health services, including pre and postnatal care, hospital services, prescription drugs, diagnostic tests, durable medical equipment, mental health services, ambulance, and speech/physical/occupational therapy.
- All services provided through subscriber’s choice of health plan.
How much does it cost?
|Family Size||Cost (1.5% of total family income per year)|
|3||$498 - $747|
|4||$600 - $900|
*A pregnant woman is considered a family size of two.
No co-payments or deductibles.
- Call, toll-free, 1-800-433-2611 to receive an application or assistance. (Applications are processed in 10 days.)
- Please visit the website for more information.